New user - Problem APA 6 citation in Word 2008

I’m a new user of EndNote on Mac OS 10.6.5 and MS Word 8. I am working on my thesis and need to use APA 6 style, which I have selected from the Output Styles menu in Endnote. However, when I cite within Word, the citations and references are not APA 6 style. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for helping this Endnote newbie!

Greetings,

To choose the desired output style for your document, open your Word document and click “Tools>EndNote x> Format Bibliography”.  When the Format Bibliography window appears, you will find a setting called “With output style:”.  This is where you will want to select the APA 6th style to be applied to your references.  Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support
thomsonreuters.com

It worked! Yeah!!! Thanks so much! 

Hello everybody,

I’m using the APA 6th ed. but I’m struggling to fix citations in the text. According to the APA style citations should be like this:

(Farrel, Brown, & Juls, 2013) or this (Farrel et al., 2013) when there is more than one Author and the citation has to be repeated for the second time.

My EndNote changes the citation (Farrel et al., 2013) into (Farrel, 2003), which is wrong according to the APA. It doesn’t include other AUTHORS, although I have fixed the settings Edit & Manage Citations, (Author and Year).

There is also another problem, EndNote adds author’s name (when it is not requested) , for eg. (J. Farrel, M. Brown, & G. Juls, 2013), where the J. M. G. stand for the Author’s name.

How do I get over it? Is there anyone who could help me? I have already kept in touch with the techinical assistance and I have followed their indication but still it doesn’t work.

Tripple posted this query??? addressed elsewhere.