format

Hello everybody.

1- I am struggling on how to change from (sami et al., 2011) to sami et al. (2011).

Please any help on this

2- Why the bibliography is added automatically to last page I need the bibliography in another page but I do not know how to do it

What version of Endnote are you using? ¬†If X6 or X7, you right click in the citation and choose ‚Äúedit citation‚ÄĚ, and choose the Author (YEAR) opton. ¬†If an older version of endnote, select the Author, et al and copy and paste it outside of the parentheses, and do the ‚Äúedit citation‚ÄĚ and hide author. ¬†

To move the bibliography select it all (I always include the paragraph before and after to make sure) and cut (control X) and paste (control v) to the position you want it to be at.  It will stay there.  

1 Like

Many thanks.

And how I automatically change from  

Mironov, V., Kerr, Y., Wigneron, J.P., Kosolapova, L., & Demontoux, F. (2013a). Temperature- and                                   Texture-Dependent Dielectric Model for Moist Soils at 1.4 GHz. In, Ieee Geoscience and Remote Sensing  .

both lines start from the same point!!!

to

Mironov, V., Kerr, Y., Wigneron, J.P., Kosolapova, L., & Demontoux, F. (2013a). Temperature- and                                        

Texture-Dependent Dielectric Model for Moist Soils at 1.4 GHz. In, Ieee Geoscience and Remote Sensing  .  

you see the second line is a bit far!  

You want a ‚Äúhanging indent‚ÄĚ which is either defined in your chosen output style (which style are you currently using?) in the layout section of the bibliography, lower right hand side, ‚Äúhanging indent‚ÄĚ - all paragraphs, (or none, or ¬†various combinations). ¬†

Then you need to save the output style to new name, and change the document to use that newly edited output style.

Or you can change this setting from the Format Bibliography menu, Layout tab and enter the the amount of the hanging indent, (usually 0.5 in).   This change would need to be applied to each new document.  

1 Like

Thx alot