I’m running Endnote 2.0.4 and have just upgraded from Word 2007 to Word 2010 - which crashes every time I try to open it. I guess this must be because EN2 isn’t compatible with Office 2010 - but I can’t work out how to solve the problem by uninstalling CWYW. It’s not showing as an add-in in Word, although the EndNote tab is showing (but I can’t get to it because the program freezes).
Help please! I don’t particularly want to have to uninstall my new Office suite.
Thanks in advance.
You should be able to customize your EndNote X2 installation to remove the Cite While You Write commands. Before proceeding with this process-
1, Make sure to close EndNote and all Microsoft Office programs.
2. Once you’ve exited from the mentioned software, go to your Windows Control Panel. On the Control Panel, depending on your version of Windows, you’re looking for a menu item called “Add or Remove Programs” or “Programs and Features>Uninstall a Program”.
3. From the list of installed software, find EndNote X2. Highlight EndNote X2 on this list and choose “Change”.
4. On the EndNote X2 Application Maintenance window, make sure “Modify” is selected and click “Next”.
5. The next screen will show you all optional EndNote components that are part of the installation. Click the hard drive icon next to “Word Templates/Add-ins” and set this entry to “Entire feature will be unavailable”.
6. Click “Next” to finalize this change.
After configuring EndNote X2 to remove the Cite While You Write commands, try opening Word again to see if the EndNote X2 tab still appears. Please let me know what you find.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support
Belated thanks for your helpful reply. It worked!