How do you know which library will sync with the web

Hi there

I’m using Endnote 7 on the Mac. I have several libraries saved on my hard drive. I wish to sync a particular library with the web for the first time (I previously synced a different library with the web, however i have since deleted all the references on endnote web to allow a new library to sync).

I have already set up the sync account and I want to check which library will sync after pressing the sync button, however looking at the “Sync this endnote library” section of the Ennote Sync preferences, the directory address is so long it reaches off the end of the dialogue box and it is not possible to see which library its pointing at. I also can’t select the directory address to move it in order to see the end of the string or to in fact to change it. 

How can I check which library the sync is point at, and how do I change the library address in the sync preferences to sync the library of my choice. 

Thanks for your help. 

deleting a web synced library will delete the linked library when you sync.  I would contact tech support and have them talk you thru unlinking the current library and syncing a new one.  I kinda know, but it is tricky and you could end up corrupting, deleting the desktop library by accident, or ending up with tons of duplicates in the web and/or desktop library.

I think the directions are herein another thread. 

deleting a web synced library will delete the linked library when you sync.  I would contact tech support and have them talk you thru unlinking the current library and syncing a new one.  I kinda know, but it is tricky and you could end up corrupting, deleting the desktop library by accident, or ending up with tons of duplicates in the web and/or desktop library.

I think the directions are herein another thread. 

Oh – and BACK UP all your desktop libraries (compress from file menu on an PC) before doing any of this!  

Thank’s for the heads up, very useful. I tried the solution at the link you included, but unfortunately the sync library didn’t re-set. 

Endnote seem to make it a bit of chore to manage on-line syncing. Could do with an upgrade allowing simpler procedures to change the library that syncs or allow multiple libraries to sync at the same time. 

Anyway thanks for the offer of help.