Inserting New Citation Numbers EACH time a reference is cited

I am working on a report and am using RefMan v. 11. I have to use a *new* citation number each time a reference is cited rather than pointing to the original citation number. For example, reference 1 appears on page 1 and again on page 4. When it appears on page 4, I need it to have a new citation number rather than point back to reference 1.

I cannot figure out how to adjust my style so that a new number prints each time a reference is cited.

Desperately seeking help. Thanks so much!

Jamie Chriqui, PhD, MHS

University of Illinois at Chicago

In order to have different bibliography numbers assigned to the same reference cited multiple times within your document, you’d need to cite the reference from duplicated records within your database.  For instance, if you’re looking to cite the same reference four times within your document, you’d need to create four separate records for the same reference within your Reference Manager database.  By citing the separate records in each instance of these in-text citations, Reference Manager will assign unique bibliography numbers for each appearance.  Please let me know if this helps.

Jimmy M.

Technical Support Representative
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
thomsonreuters.com
scientific.thomsonreuters.com/researchsoftware

Thomson Reuters and its product names and acronyms used herein are trademarks, service marks, and registered trademarks used under license. This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any attachments.