Is Endnote fabricating trustpilot data or what?

Endnote’s website claims that it receives a 4.7/5 rating based on 1,026 reviews on Trustpilot. It is quite a surprise. So I went to Trustpilot’s own website to find if there is anything I missed. Guess what, Trustpilot shows that Endnote only receives 94 reviews with a 3.6/5 rating. This is interesting.

I’m not saying they are lying, but curious about what their ‘explanation’ is…

1 Like

seems like Trustpilot only “reports” on reviews for last 12 months (or less, by filtering), so I suspect Clarivate pulled the data in the past when there were more reports?

Thanks. If this is the case, then Endnote is just showing what people’s views were in the past, and not what people’s views are. This sounds dodgy…

Lies, damned lies and statistics…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trustpilot says that [Trustpilot]" has been criticised for the publication of fake reviews, and allowing companies to remove negative reviews." with four citations from 2013, 2015, 2018 and 2019. However, Wikipedia is not always a solid source!

The 4.7 score might be the consolidated 1K reviews up to V19 and the 3.6 score the last 12 months of V20, which would reflect the comments on this forum. So both the scores of 4.7 and 3.6 are correct when put in context. They are just different views. BTW, ALL companies spin poll results, scores etc.

SO I would not accuse Clarivate of lying or even misleading. Just spinning, which is exactly the job of their marketing department.