issue endnote X6.0.2 mac word 2011

Hi, 

I lost the endnote command in the “tools” menu of word 2011 (14.3.2 - mac). I tried everyhting : the customizer (from endnote X6.0.2), setting the startup folder in word, manually copy the CWYW file in the word statup folder, reinstalling endnote, reinstalling word and endnote, nothing worked ! I can get the toolbar, but no way to get the command to re-appear in the tool menu (I prefer it to the toolbar). Would anyone have an idea ???

Many thanks for any help ! 

Greetings,

You may want to reset Word’s Normal template, as this template file stores information related to how Word’s drop-down menus appear.  To do so:

1.  Quit Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and EndNote, then in the Finder click “Go” on the menu bar while holding down the “option” key on your keyboard. You should see “Library” appear as one of the choices in the Go drop-down menu.

** Note: Holding down the option key while clicking the Go menu is only required if you’ve got OS 10.7 or 10.8 installed.  If you’re running OS 10.6, Library will appear on the Go menu without having to press the option key.

2.  Choose Library from the Go menu.  When the Finder window appears, open the Application Support folder.

3.  From Application Support, open the Microsoft folder, then open the Office sub-folder.

4.  Once inside the Office folder, open the User Templates folder. Move Normal.dotm to your Desktop.

5.  Open a new Word document and check the Tools menu for EndNote X6.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support
thomsonreuters.com

I have a similar problem but removing the Normal.dotm file from the Word/User Templates didn’t resolve the issue. 

I recently installed Word 11 and Endnote X6.0.2 (Build 8570) on a new MBA.  I don’t see Endnote in my Word Tools menu and can’t get CWYW working.  I have coped the EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle file into the Word Start Up folder.  I then ran Customizer in Endnote and checked  the CWYW box and selected the startup folder (it was set to the Office folder in which the application file resides?).  I then open Word but lack EndNote in the Tools folder.

I’d appreciate any guidance available.  Cheers, Geoff

I am having the same issue. I tried moving the Normal.dotm template, but that didn’t fix the problem. I’m running EndnoteX6.0.2 and Word 2011 for Mac version 14.4.3 on a Mac with OS X Lion 10.7.5. 

I’ve also tried the other things the original poster mentioned. Also, when I log in as an administrative user, everything works fine, so the problem may be specific to my day-to-day account. When the problem originally occured, I was using X4. I reinstalled Word and then deleted/upgraded to X6. The download was from my university, so I didn’t have a registration key. 

Greetings jsb1861,

I’d suggest logging back into your problematic user account and checking to see if Word has a startup folder path defined.  To do so:

1.   Log into your account where the EndNote commands are not appearing in Word.

2.   Open any Word document.

3.   In Word, click “Word>Preferences…”.

4.   Click on the “FIle Locations” tab.

5.   On the File Locations tab, does “Startup” show a folder path listed to the right of this label?

6.   If no startup folder path is found, double-click on the “Startup” label.

7.   From the Choose a Folder window, navigate to the following folder:

Macintosh HD : Applications : Microsoft Office 2011 : Office : Startup : Word

8.   Press “Choose” on the Choose a Folder window.

9.   Press “OK” on the Preferences window.

1. Quit all Microsoft Office applications.

2. Open a Word document once more to check for the appearance of EndNote’s Cite While You Write commands.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support
thomsonreuters.com