I can’t get Word to generate a bibliography for a chapter of my PhD thesis. Here is the story:
- I had a draft of the chapter with a bibliography generated properly
- I resaved this draft under a new name and edited the whole thing. Sometime during that process the bibliography disappeared. I’m not sure when/why - I only noticed it when I got to the end of the chapter
- I tried all the different hacks and solutions I could find (on here and elsewhere) to no avail.
- I just happened to try changing the output style from Chicago 16th Footnote to Chicago 16th Footote Thesis… and voila! The bibliography re-generated!
- When I trued changinf it back to Chicago 16th Footnote it disappeared again
But here is the even stranger thing…
- I’ve done the same thing with another chapter (ie. resaved it under new name and edited it) and didn’t experience any problems with the bibliography which contines to update itself properly EVEN though that chapter has the Chicago 16th Foonote (ie. NOT Thesis) style selected.
- So I have two different documents - in one of them the bibliography acts normally under the Chicago 16th Footnote style but in the other one the bibliography doesn’t work at all under the same style.
Anyone got any ideas what is going on here?!?
(I’m on Mac Mojave 10.14, Word 16.27 and Endnote X8.2)