Journal rating

I think some of the following  features may be usefull for EndNote:

- Jounal rating: So that the user can look back later.

- Notes: We can take note on the journal with the current version but it requires to open the journal window to read it. It is better if it can be configurated to appear in a panel like review panel (or we can display it in Prevew panel with a seperator). 

Journal rating: I’m generally against the idea of journal rating, even there are some useful situations. I’m more proud if my paper is cited by others, than publishing it in highly ranked journal.

Notes view: You can achieve what you describe with current EN. Make a style, like Notes View.ens, then include Notes into the output template. Then preview window will show the notes. Also, change display field to view the first line of the notes of each reference.

Journal rating: Maybe we are on different points of view. Jounal rating in my suggestion means I want to rate for my work only. One paper cited by many others means a good one in general, but for my work it may not as useful as a less cited paper. That is the reason why i think this feature may be useful. In addition, my work may relate to some different field and not all related fields do not have the same important level. So i dont think the number of citing papers is useful for this case. The rating here is for especially for my work only.

Notes view: I haven’t do so but in my thinking, what appear in review window is what included in References in my paper. However, it is not I want because I just want to take note and see it in Endnote only, e.g. this journal is printed, this journal bla bla bla… Of course, I just want it displayed in Endnote only and dont want it to be appeared in my References. It is more exciting if we can customize the preview window or add some tab panel which allow us to define what information will be displayed in that panel. We have Note field but it is not appear for “quick view” like review panel but it requires to open the detail window of the paper.

Message Edited by tcanvn on 07-03-2009 12:04 AM

>It is more exciting if we can customize the preview window or add some tab panel which allow us to define what information will be displayed in that panel.

Having several customizable tabs in preview pane may be a good idea. It may be even better if we have another pane, that shows contents of each reference, or contents of full text PDF file.