I am having trouble opening my Endnote library that I created originally in Endnote x7 but then started working on it using an older version of Endnote (I think it might be X4/5). I get this error message: “The document “Jenn - Updated Search Feb 18 2014.enl” could not be opened.” I have tried to update my Endnote x7 with the patch (x.02) but it’s already in the most recent form. This is odd to me because I have switched between the two Endnote versions before and never had this issue until now.
Could anyone offer some assistance to this matter?
I have followed the instructions in the link you provided but I am still receiving the same error message.
Just to clarify the problem again, I created the library in Endnote x7.01 (Mac) but then I started working on Endnote x4.02 (Windows) and now when I open it in Endnote x7.01 I receive the error message as stated above.
This has never been a problem until recently. I am wondering if it is a file in the .rdb folder that is not compatible with the two versions of the software.
Things I have tried with no success:
I have tried updating Endnote on both computers but they are already using the latest version.
I have tried compressing the file in Endnote x4.02 and then opening in x7.01 with no luck.