Modifying and rearranging Display Fields

I was experimenting with Display Fields. (I call it a Display Fields session every time I open up the Preferences/Display Fields screen)

I set Author in col. 3 to [Do not display]. EN bumped the new Do not display field to col 7. Then set Year in col. 4 to [Do not display]. EN bumped this new Do not display field to col 8. Why it moves the position is incomprehensible to me – if it is not going to display, I can see no reason for not leaving an invisible field in the same position.

OK, so now I want to restore those two fields. But I want them to appear where they were before. The only way I can do this, if I have made changes in a previous session that I want to keep, is to use the Revert Panel button. But what if I have ended the session and started a new Display Fields session? Or what if I have made other changes in the current session that I want to keep and only undo others, in this case the Author and Year fields? I want them to be in columns 3 and 4, not 7 and 8.

Please include an option to orderthe position of these fields, either by dragging them around or allowing us to enter the column number at will.

1 Like

@chuckie123 wrote:

Please include an option to orderthe position of these fields, either by dragging them around or allowing us to enter the column number at will.

Yes please.