Modifying Sentence Case style in APA without changing scientific terms to small letters

Dear All,

Please I write this message to kindly seek for anyone  help to enable me make some necessary changes in APA style.

I am actually using Endnote version 8 on MacBook Air for my citation and generating bibliography. I applied APA style system of referencing as requested by my university(UPM). However, I realised that UPM has adopted APA style system with minor modifications which I also want to modify to suit the UPM requirement/style.

The following are what I want to modify and rename the style to APA-UPM style.

1. I want to ensure that all my in-text citations from 3 or more than 3 be appearing as First-Author followed by et al., (in italics) for example (Leng et al., 2015).

2. I want the DOI to be removed from the style so that whenever I cite an article and generated the bibliography, it should appear without accompanying DOI.

3. I want the year in the in-text citations to be arranged in chronological order for example (Grace et al.,2010;, Movahedi et al., 2013, Grace & Ahmad, 2018), meaning from older years article to the most recent years.

4. I want the bibliography to be listed in Sentence case without altering the gene and proteins names mentioned in the article title for example: Moon, C., Yoo, J.-Y., Matarazzo, V., Sung, Y.K., Kim, E.J. & Ronnett, G.V. (2002) Leaukemia inhibitory factor inhibits neuronal terminal differentiation through STAT3 activation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 99, 9015-9020.

I know how to modified the 1 -3 problems above in Endnote. However, my main problem is how can I configure Endnote to be generating bibliography without change the name of genes, proteins or any other scientific name that require to be written in capital letter or its first letter to be capitalise while using Sentence case style in Endnote?

Thank you hearing your kind positive response.

I try to make sure my library titles are in Sentence case, so I am not altering the case automatically.  Otherwise you will need to enter every instance of protein and gene names in the change case preferences list.  this isn’t necessarily ideal either, as mouse genes, unlike human genes, are not always all caps, so they could be incorrectly modified. 

Most of the time they are correctly downloaded from databases, but on occassion I need to edit them manually.  - which I do, as I notice them.  

@babasaraki wrote:

Dear All,

1. I want the bibliography to be listed in Sentence case without altering the gene and proteins names mentioned in the article title for example: Moon, C., Yoo, J.-Y., Matarazzo, V., Sung, Y.K., Kim, E.J. & Ronnett, G.V. (2002) Leaukemia inhibitory factor inhibits neuronal terminal differentiation through STAT3 activation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 99, 9015-9020.

However, my main problem is how can I configure Endnote to be generating bibliography without change the name of genes, proteins or any other scientific name that require to be written in capital letter or its first letter to be capitalise while using Sentence case style in Endnote?