Output Styles with Quotation Marks

Hi, I am having problems with an output style that contains quotations marks. The style in question is for a journal article, and the journal title should have quotation marks. This is for footnotes; bibliography is fine. The problem is that if I do not include Cited Pages in the footnote, EndNote incorrectly puts a period after every citation. Here is an example:

Rowe, “History, Hermeneutics and the Unity of Luke-Acts . ”; Bockmuehl, “Why Not Let Acts Be Acts . ”; Rowe, “Literary Unity and Reception History.”  [first two should not have a period. last one should have a period]

The output style creating this is:

Author, “Short Title,” Cited Pages|.

Couple of notes:

1. If there are Cited Pages in the references, everything looks fine:

Rowe, “History, Hermeneutics and the Unity of Luke-Acts,” 23; Bockmuehl, “Why Not Let Acts Be Acts,” 34; Rowe, “Literary Unity and Reception History,” 45. [commas before cited pages are correct]

1. If I remove the quotation marks from the output style, it looks fine, whether or not there are Cited Pages:

(without Cited Pages):

Rowe, History, Hermeneutics and the Unity of Luke-Acts; Bockmuehl, Why Not Let Acts Be Acts; Rowe, Literary Unity and Reception History. [correct]

(with Cited Pages):

Rowe, History, Hermeneutics and the Unity of Luke-Acts, 23; Bockmuehl, Why Not Let Acts Be Acts, 34; Rowe, Literary Unity and Reception History, 45.  [correct]

But of course, I require the qoutation marks to be in the output style. Any idea how I can achieve this? I have tried every combination of things I could think of in the output style (with / without forced separations; with/without link adjacent text, etc.)

EndNote X7.7.1

MS Word 2007

Thanks in advance!