Pages - Word cross compatibility

Are there any plans to ever implement functionality where sending a document from a Pages user to a Word user won’t mess with one’s EndNote citations? It’s getting tiresome being shackled to a single program because of this, when the two otherwise play rather nicely together, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t shopping around for a new reference manager.

I think that is a Pages issue, since Apple integrated Endnote into Pages and not th other way around.  I don’t think Pages has an “unformated” version, which would be an obvious path to a workaround. You could put this request into Endnote Suggestions either here in the other forum, or directly via the suggestions web interface at www.endnote.com.  I would also go to Apple Pages feedbackwebpage and request it there. 

This is not a perfect solution but does give you some options for transferring a Pages document containing EndNote citations to MS Word - http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq55.asp.

In order for this to work really seamlessly, Apple would need to add some things to their implementation of EndNote CWYW functionality. Unfortunately, this is not something that we can control with a plug-in or from within EndNote.

I hope this helps.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team