Problems importing OvidSP Medline since change to Structured Abstracts


I have updated my import filters to the latest available, but I am still having problems importing OvidSP Medline records into EndNote X4.

I have tried a variety of formats:

-Direct export does not work

-Reprint/Medlars format does not work

-RIS format does not work

Nothing at all is imported into the library…

Any help, guidance, sympathy would be greatly appreciated!



To troubleshoot the mentioned behavior, I would start by closing EndNote altogether.   Once EndNote has been closed, you will want to navigate into the “Filters” folder, which is inside the EndNote program folder.  This folder is normally accessible by browsing to the following location:


32-bit Operating System:  C:\Program Files\EndNote X4\Filters

64-bit Operating System:  C:\Program Files (x86)\EndNote X4\Filters


               //Applications/EndNote X4/Filters

Once you’ve made it to the mentioned Filters folder, look for a file called “MEDLINE (OvidSP).enf” and rename it to “AAMEDLINE (OvidSP).enf”.  After you’ve renamed the filter, try exporting from the Medline database again with the Direct Export functionality to see if it is working properly.  Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support

Thanks Jimmy. This worked beautifully for me. I wasted half a day trying to figure out what was wrong before I saw your post!