Problems we are encountering when transferring references from EndNote Desktop to EndNote Web and vice-versa.

Problems we are encountering when transferring references from EndNote Desktop to EndNote Web and vice-versa.

Every time I click on "transfer…" from EndNote Desktop I get the following error message:

EndNote "Transfer References" could not connect to EndNote Web.

This may be due to a temporary Internet or Server error. Please try again.

Same thing when I access EndNote Web from Word 2010:

Cite While You Write could not connect to EndNote Web

This may be due to a temporary Internet or Server error. Please try again.

Our environment is: Windows 7 Enterprise , Office Suite 2010 and Internet Explorer 8 and we do not have administrative rights to the desktops where EndNote is installed and used.

EndNote was packaged following the volume licence installation instructions including the provided CDs and the file L icence.dat was generated.

For our Internet connection, anything that connects directly (not through the proxy) is blocked dead at the edge firewall.  We have to find a way to specify the HTTP proxy address in the application’s settings.   What is the best way of defining this settings and can this be done in the package itself?  

The configuration of our firewall uses a configuration script (proxy.pack).

We are using proxy without identfication.  We also noticed that the IP address constantly changes when accessing

www.myendnoteweb.com.  What should be the proxy range that needs to be white-listed?

Thank you so much.

Could you please confirm if there are other settings that may impact the functioning of the EndNote Web?

Which level of privileges do users need on their desktops to be fully operational with EndNote

Thanks for your help.

1 Like