Reference edition

Hello dear EndNote Community! 

Right now I’m working on a bibliography and a lot of my references are second edition oder even fourth edition. The citation style I have to fulfill wants the letters of the numbering behind the edition number.

E.g. the bold text:

Werlitz, Jürgen. Das Geheimnis der heiligen Zahlen : Ein Schlüssel zu den Rätseln der Bibel. 4th ed. Wiesbaden: Marix Verlag, 2011.

Right now my Output Style citates without it, like this:

Werlitz, Jürgen. Das Geheimnis der heiligen Zahlen : Ein Schlüssel zu den Rätseln der Bibel. 4 ed. Wiesbaden: Marix Verlag, 2011.

Is there an option where I can change this or do I have to change it manually?

Thank you for your anwers! :slight_smile:

pretty sure you have to edit it. I think you always need the letters, and each number gets a different suffix?  

1st

2nd

3rd

4th 

So I don’t think Endnote has a way to generate it. 

Probably easiest to search first for a ref type containing the word “book” and then show the edition field in the library display and sort on Edition.  I only have a handful, most had the right “number/letter word” for the edition, two had only the number, two had the actual word (like “First edition”), only two didn’t have the letters, and they were all easy to fix!  

You need to type 1st, 2nd, 3rd o 4th (including the letters) in the Edition field when you are creating the reference.