RIS not working after update to X7.4

After updating to EndNote X7.4 today I can not import RIS References anymore (I use EndNote for Mac). I use the ProCite Filter and it has worked perfectly before. Now I get: “The document “Primo_RIS_Export-40.ris” could not be opened. EndNote X7 cannot open files in the “RemoteDocumentType” format.” What can I do?

Thank you!

Suggest you bypass the forum and contact tech support:

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)
+1-800-336-4474, press 4

Submit a technical support request

International support contacts

1 Like

Any solution to this? We get “The document “endNote_2015_09_28_05_56.enw” could not be opened. EndNote X7 cannot open files in the “RemoteDocumentType” format”. 

Have you consulted the nice " EndNote X7 Little How-to Book"   http://endnote.com/kb/129310 

(I see it was updated Sept 2014, so I updated my version from 2013, which is saved in my Endnote library)

Most time this has to do with making sure the browser knows how to open the file with Endnote?  

@evas wrote:

Any solution to this? We get “The document “endNote_2015_09_28_05_56.enw” could not be opened. EndNote X7 cannot open files in the “RemoteDocumentType” format”. 

Have you tried: 1) changing the enw. file extension to.txt - endNote_2015_09_28_05_56. txt ; then 2) importing the. txt file into Endnote using the Refman RIS import filter.