"Search Library" field does not retain settings

In X6 it was possible to have the Search Library field in the upper right of the toolbar retain its setting after quitting Endnote. This is no longer possible. I like to search only fields and not full text (which takes forever with a big library). Could you please restore this functionality?

Forgive me for adding to a topic I’ve begun, but this was one of the dumbest design modifications made to the new version. Whereas with X6 the search box defaulted to fields, now it defaults to everything, and you must change it every time. Furthermore, X7 then assumes, for your next search, that you wish to search within the results of your previous search, instead of initiating a new search. So you have to click back onto all your references to begin again. Just dumb. Did you guys actually test this with people who use the program? OK, more positively, could we please have a way to adjust this? Searching has become laborious. I’ve written this before, but it would be so brilliant if the Endnote designers could actually study the way the mac interface works…