Several lists of bibliographic references at the end of my text

Hi there,

Could you please help me? I have got a problem with Endnote.

I add references to my text. Instead of just adding the new reference to one list at the end of the text, Endnote adds a new list. As the example (see below) shows, the list of references appears 3 times: one with only the first reference I have put; the second list with 2 references; the third list with 3 references. When I put 70 references, I get 70 different lists… Very boring.

Example:

Text
This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text (Banister 2005). This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text (Butler 1997). This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text (Ewing and Cervero 2010). This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. This is my text. 

References

Banister, D. (2005). Unsustainable transport: city transport in the new century. London, Routledge.

Banister, D. (2005). Unsustainable transport: city transport in the new century. London, Routledge.
Butler, T. (1997). Gentrification and the middle classes. London, Ashgate.

Butler, T. (1997). Gentrification and the middle classes. London, Ashgate.
Ewing, R. and R. Cervero (2010). "Travel and the built environment." Journal of the American Planning Association 76(3): 265-294.

I don’t understand what causes this.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Miguel

Mac or PC?  

I have heard of this, and it is usually associated with corrupted endnote fields.  The easiest way to fix it - is to unformat, clean up field codes and reformat. 

the instructions are in this knowledgebase article (although the described phenotype is different):  http://endnote.com/kb/81143