Transference of citations from word 2007 to Endnote X1

Hello,

I have a really long list of written citations in word 2007 of the following format:

Aalten, de Vugt, Jaspers, Jolles, Verhey (2005).The course of neuropsychiatric symptoms in dementia. Part I: findings from the two-year longitudinal Maasbed study. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 20, 523-530.  

These are just of written format and no word citations, but I would really like to export them to endnote if possible. I already tried to tag them (%A in front of the author for example), but this didn´t work out. I also don´t know how I change a normal written citation in a word citation (I´m not sure, but I had the feeling that this step would be necessary to export them to endnote). There are more than 1000 citations so I would really appreciate it if it is possible to tranfer them easily to endnote since it would be a lot of work to do so manually.

Thanks in advance,

Irene

Since this is more than 1000 citations, you really need automated tool to do this. Check this thread and find out tool called cb2bib. I’ve never used, so I don’t know how it works, but definitely worth considering.

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-howto&thread.id=850&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

The real problem is to check whether these hand typed citations are really correct or not. Whoever doing the typing job, sugget switching to the use of online database.

Good luck