web site citation

I must be missing something obvious, but I can’t find how to set up a web site reference such that when it is dragged into a document (cite while you write style), the title of the web site is displayed, rather than the author. Surely this is possible?

Alternatively, how do I get EndNote to display the author field in a citation as the full web site title.

Thanks for any help,

Paul

If you want the title always, you probably should just insert that into the Author field I guess.  Make sure you put a comma at the end, so it isn’t treated as a Firstname Surname though.  

Otherwise, some of the dependency of what is output in the reference list, is dependent on the way the bibliography template is set up in the Output Style you are using.  You can (possibly need to add and) edit the Web Page reference type associated template to just list the Title|, URL, and maybe a  field that contained the manually entered “last accessed” date, if that is all you want there?  

“Make sure you put a comma at the end, so it isn’t treated as a Firstname Surname though.”

Perfect. You have solved my problem - thank you Leanne !

:slight_smile: