What has happened to my word document??

Hi all,

I am running EndNote 9 on Word 2007. This morning I loaded my dissertation to be presented with this garbage:

EN.CITE <EndNote><Cite><Author>Fredericson</Author><Year>2007</Year><RecNum>124</RecNum><record><rec-number>124</rec-number><ref-type name=“Journal Article”>17</ref-type><contributors><authors><author>Fredericson, M.</author><author>Misra, A. K.</author></authors></contributors><titles><title>Epidemiology and Aetiology of Marathon Running Injuries</title><secondary-title>Sports Medicine</secondary-title></titles><periodical><full-title>Sports Medicine</full-title></periodical><pages>437</pages><volume>37</volume><number>4-5</number><dates><year>2007</year></dates><urls></urls></record></Cite><Cite><Author>Gabbe</Author><Year>2004</Year><RecNum>45</RecNum><record><rec-number>45</rec-number><ref-type name=“Journal Article”>17</ref-type><contributors><authors><author>Gabbe, B. J.</author><author>Finch, C. F.</author><author>Wajswelner, H.</author><author>Bennell, K. L.</author></authors></contributors><auth-address>Trauma and Sports Injury Prevention Research Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Belinda.Gabbe@med.monash.edu.au</auth-address><titles><title>Predictors of lower extremity injuries at the community level of Australian football</title><secondary-title>Clin J Sport Med</secondary-title></titles><periodical><full-title>Clin J Sport Med</full-title></periodical><pages>56-63</pages><volume>14</volume><number>2</number><keywords><keyword>Adult</keyword><keyword>Age Distribution</keyword><keyword>Ankle/physiology</keyword><keyword>Athletic Injuries/*epidemiology/physiopathology</keyword><keyword>Cohort Studies</keyword><keyword>Humans</keyword><keyword>Leg Injuries/*epidemiology/physiopathology</keyword><keyword>Male</keyword><keyword>Pliability</keyword><keyword>Prospective Studies</keyword><keyword>Range of Motion, Articular/physiology</keyword><keyword>Recurrence</keyword><keyword>Risk

Other word docs not using endnote load up fine, so I am assuming it is something to do with the interface between endnote and word becoming corrupted.

Any ideas how to go about solving this mess? I saved my work in two locations; both are corrupted. Fortunately

I have an up to date print out so if the worst comes to the worst I can type all 7500 words in again, but would obviously rather not!!

Wierdly, when finishing my message, the cursor was jumping about all over the page, hence I couldn’t sign off! I think my computer is bewitched!

Thanks for any help,

TimVS

By Jove I think I’ve fixed it! Found a section in the FAQ about getting rid of hidden field codes by unchecking an option within Word. Problem solved!

Cheers,

Tim