which fields get cited?

I have a few references to web pages. When I enter them as “web page” citations, I put the data in what seem to be appropriate fields, e.g. University Department in “Series Editor” and University in “Publisher”, etc. When I preview the citation, onyl a few of the fields appear, e.g. Series Editor and Publisher don’t appear, and muy citation simply looks like

1. Bone. 2007; Available from: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/orthopaedics/res_bone.shtml.

How can I make other fields appear in the citation?

THanks.

You need to add/edit the web page template to the style you are using.  Right now, it  may be using generic, or have a “web page” template which doesn’t reflect what you want.

Edit>Output style, edit “your selected output style”.  Then under bibliography, templates, see if the reference type is already showing. 

If it is - add the fields you want with appropriate punctuation and “link adjacent” and “forced separation” items (from field dropdown, on right). 

If it isn’t showing  web page as a reference type template, add it using the ref type button.  You could start by copy and pasting one from the Author-Date output style and modify from there. 

Author. (|Year|, Last Update Date|). “Title.”| Series Title| Edition.| Retrieved Access Date|, Access Year|, from URL|. At least some of the spaces will probably need to be replaced by link adjacent (but not within field names).

If you have trouble, post the style you are editing and let us know what isn’t working correctly. 

If it

You need to add/edit the web page template to the style you are using.  Right now, it  may be using generic, or have a “web page” template which doesn’t reflect what you want.

Edit>Output style, edit “your selected output style”.  Then under bibliography, templates, see if the reference type is already showing. 

If it is - add the fields you want with appropriate punctuation and “link adjacent” and “forced separation” items (from field dropdown, on right). 

If it isn’t showing  web page as a reference type template, add it using the ref type button.  You could start by copy and pasting one from the Author-Date output style and modify from there. That would be something like:

Author. (|Year|, Last Update Date|). “Title.”| Series Title| Edition.| Retrieved Access Date|, Access Year|, from URL|.

At least some of the spaces will probably need to be replaced by link adjacent (but not within field names). Copy and pasting it from endnote’s output style, while keep those special spacing, which are lost here.

If you have trouble, post the style you are editing and let us know what isn’t working correctly.