Word 2008 isn't recognizing the correct version of Endnote on Mac!

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get my Word 2008 to recognize Endnote X3 on my computer. However, earlier today I downloaded Endnote X4, but because I didn’t like some of the things it was doing I deleted it. However, now my Word 2008 will only recognize Ednote X4 even though I have already deleted it!!!

I have tried everything. I have delete Endnote X4 by removing the folder from the applications folder. Then I thought maybe I uninstalled it incorrectly, so I downloaded Endnote X4 again but this time went to customizer and clicked “uninstall”. I deleted Endnote X3, did a fresh new re download, but it’s still not working!

Does anyone know how to set Word to detect the version of Endnote that I want? This is so frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated.

Hi - If the customizer did not uninstall Cite While You Write, you can manually remove the file from the Word startup folder (Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Startup:Word:EndNote CWYW Word 2008.bundle). Then use the X3 customer to re-install Cite While You Write. If that doesn’t work, you can manually copy the bundle file to the startup folder which is in the X3’s Cite While You Write folder for this purpose.

- Mathilda, the EndNote team