adding"times cited" field to references transfered between EndNote X5 and EndNote Web?

Hello!

Does anyone know if it’s possible to add the “times cited” field to references I just transfered from EndNote X5 into EndNote Web?  The"times cited" field is visible for references I pulled into the web version from Web of Science, but not for those I just imported from the desktop version.

I’m trying to find a work-around for individually looking up >900 references in order to see times cited, then use those #s to create bibliometic graphs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have you seen JasonR’s response inthis thread?

Thanks for your response!  I did read that post, but I don’t think it entirely gets at my question.  I understand that the “time’s cited” field is static in the desktop version.  What I want to know is if it’s possible to have that field added back to the citations, once they’re imported from the desktop version into the web version.   I thought there might be some kind of batch update I could do…but maybe not…

@mcuerda wrote:

Thanks for your response!  I did read that post, but I don’t think it entirely gets at my question.  I understand that the “time’s cited” field is static in the desktop version.  What I want to know is if it’s possible to have that field added back to the citations, once they’re imported from the desktop version into the web version.   I thought there might be some kind of batch update I could do…but maybe not…

Depending upon what you have in mind it might be possible to add the Times Cited field included in a citation by either: 1) manually editing a citation (and adding it as a prefix/suffix) or 2) adding the field to the citations template. The former would require adjusting each citation individually; the latter would automatically add the info for each citation. 

The key obstacle may be having access to the EndNote Web citations template to do the manual adjustment.The desktop version allows adjusting the citation template but I don’t believe this is permitted in EndNote Web. If you’re using EndNote Web to collaborate with another colleague you each could download the references from EndNote Web and work from your individual desktops providing you each have a common EndNote output style where the citations template has been modified to include Times Cited and that field data is included when downloading from EndNote Web.