American Society of Microbiology New Output Style for 2013

Hello - Apparently, the American Society of Microbiology has made some changes effective January, 2013, regarding output styles.  

Those changes are described on their website here:  http://jcm.asm.org/site/misc/journal-ita_org.xhtml#01

Please look at the description on that page of their website under References and see if the changes they are talking about are reflected in the latest style output that Endnote has for ASM.

Thank you for your assistance.  We look forward to hearing back very soon!!

I don’t understand why there has not been a response by the forum moderators.  I contacted endnote to ask them how we get styles updated and they said that you post in the forum and they take care of it right away.  What am I missing here?  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

I too am in need of this being addressed. The EndNote Web CWYW plugin does not accurately reflect the new guidelines. At the very least, it is not numbering references in order of appearance, and is instead still listing them in alphabetical order. There may be other problems as well! Please fix this format as this is a format that affects many different journals!

I called and spoke with Endnote technical support and was told that it can take 3 to 6 months for the update to be made.  But, in the interim we can manually update endnote to reflect the new style and it will do it for all references.  I am not that familiar with Endnote yet, but the interim step sounded like a good solution.  You may want to contact technical support - they said that if I needed help with it, they would walk me through it.  

Ok…thanks a lot for the info. I’ll try to see if I can find a way to custom tweak the style…so far no luck, at least for EndNote Web.

By the way, it’s absolutely absurd that it would take 3-6 months to update the style…all they need to do is modify some fields in a database.

I would call them again. Somewhere, they say that a local administrator can make changes, so they should make you a local administrator! 

I can do the one for a desktop version for you, but I never use endnote web - am going to do that anyway for our site.  Give me a deadline. 

There is an Oct 2012 dated ASM Output Style which seems to be in order of appearance and lists all Authors. Since this is for the desktop, I wonder that they haven’t updated the Endnote Web one, at the same time?   

http://endnote.com/downloads/style/american-society-microbiology-style-manual-asm