Author citation

I am using APA 6th style but the I can’t seem to get any authors’ names in the in-text citation [eg The results of the study showed that glucose will deteriorate over time (2009)].  I would like the in-text citation to look like the examples below:

(Smith, Lee, Dickson, Brown & Joan, 2009)

(Jones, et al., 2010)

Currently, my in-text citation only has the Year in parenthesis even though the citation templates have stated Authors.  I have also checked my endnote entry and all my authors are entered as follows:

Smith, J R.

Brown, A. I.

Please see the attached document.  Does anyone know the solution to my problem?  Thank you.

Regards,

Melanie



lnisroc wrote:

…Currently, my in-text citation only has the Year in parenthesis …


Are you able to edit the citation to change the formatting to  (Author-Year)?  (Put  your cursor on the citation and either:  1)   right-click, select Edit Citation(s),  then  Default  Format; or 2) Edit &  Manage Citation(s)  from the Endnote tab In the

MS Word  ribbon  then in the pop-up dialog box , change the Formatting  setting to Default ,