Bluebook Law Review citation problem

Need to format an article for a law review that uses the Bluebook style.  Using Word 2010 and EndNote X7, and the most current version of the Bluebook Law Review style. I don’t usually write for law journals.  I have two questions:

1. I have put my temporary citations in numbered footnotes, and I have several notes that include text but no citations.  When I format the paper, the footnotes include numbers within the footnotes and these are unique to each article cited.  EndNote also includes a bibliography at the end using these numbers.  I don’t want either the bibliography or the within footnote numbering.  How do I get rid of this?

2. Because of the numbering, I have not put multiple citations into the same footnote and have had to use the {text \ citation, more text} formating to include text with a citation.  I would like to put the multiple citations into a single footnote with text.  How do I do this?

Thanks.

So how do you want the citations to appear (in the footnotes)?

Then you need a style with footnote templates not bibliography templates.  Try the attached to see if it works more as you would expect, but it doesn’t follow  Law  templates.  For that you would need to move the bibliography templates frpm your “law journal” to the footnote templates.  –

Chicago 16th Footnote no-blibliography.ens (81.4 KB)

The Endnote’s Bluebook Law Review output style is a footnote-style having footnote templates and no bibliography templates. To prevent generating a bibliography uncheck the “Include citations and bibliography” option located in the Footnotes. “Templates” section of the output style (see attached image).

Also attached the modified Bluebook Law Review output style for your reference.

To install the output style file:

1. Download the style file to your computer desktop.
  2. Double-click the style file.  It should open in EndNote.
  3. In EndNote, go to “File Menu” and choose “Save As”.  Replace the word “copy” with your style’s name or a different name if perferred and click “Save”.
  4. Click on “File Menu” and choose “Close Style”.
  5. Change the Endnote setting (in the MS Word ribbon) to use the new output style file.

To modify the output style file:

1. Go to the Endnote toolbar and select Edit > Output Styles > Edit Bluebook Law Review.
  2. Locate the Footnotes section and click “Templates”. Uncheck the “Include citations and bibliography” option.
  3. Close the output style file. The changes will be saved to a new file with the word “Copy” added to the file name, unless you elect to change the name. After saving the file change the Endnote setting (in the MS Word ribbon) to use the new output style file.

Bluebook-Law Review_jn.ens (39 KB)