"edit-citations"-problem

Hi everbody,

I’ve got a problem with the function “edit citations”.

When I click on the button nothing happens :frowning: Some weeks before it functions very well.

What have I done? :frowning:

Any ideas?

Could you give us more information such as what version of Endnote are you using and what is your computer’s operating system (e.g., WIndows XP, Vista, 7, or  for Mac such as Leopard, Snow Leopard)? 

Here are a few other questions for you:

1. Do your in-text citations show parentheses (Wood, 2008) or curly braces {Wood, 2008}?  If they’re curly braces {} they’re temporary citations which cannot be edited.  You’ll need to “turn on” instant formatting to change the curly braces to parentheses () which can then be edited.

2. Are you using a trial version of EndNote?  If so, the program works only for 30 days - which have expired.

3. Have you installed any new programs?  Some programs conflict with EndNote and MS Word which may affect EndNote’s functionality.

@crazygecko wrote:

1. Do your in-text citations show parentheses (Wood, 2008) or curly braces {Wood, 2008}?  If they’re curly braces {} they’re temporary citations which cannot be edited.  You’ll need to “turn on” instant formatting to change the curly braces to parentheses () which can then be edited.

Or you can just manually edit the {Wood, 2008 #254} unformated versions.  To do this, either delete the author, or the year to omit them from the formated reference, insert the text after you want to appear there, or before it, with spaces and a \before the author, like this {for review see \Wood, 2008 #254}. After running the format tool, this will appear as (for review see Wood et al, 2008)