Editing bibtex export style - changes do not appear in .bib file

I am exporting my latex .bib file from Endnote and the export works fine in general. However, I would like to add a “where published/address”-field to a source type.

When changing the Endnote output style via edit->output styles->bibtex export, changes appear in the endnote preview, but the exported file does not contain the added field.

Endnote preview:

@techreport{bitre2014, author ={{Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE)}}, title ={Freightline I - Australian freight transport overview}, institution ={BITRE}, address ={Canberra}, year ={2014}, type ={Report}}

The exportet .bib file looks like this:

@techreport{bitre2014, author ={{Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE)}}, title ={Freightline I - Australian freight transport overview}, institution ={BITRE}, year ={2014}, type ={Report}}

Why is there no address field? Does anybody know the mistake? Thank you in advance.

It seems that the report bibliography template in the Endnote output style does not include the address field. So that’s why the information is not exported (see attached image).

In looking at the other bibliography templates some  include the address field (which exports to the Place Published field) , while other templates such as the report template do not. To export the address field for the report template just modify the output style by inserting the field information in the template.
bibliography templates_report.gif

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I already added the address field to my export style file. It loos kie this:

@techreport{|Label,|
|   author = {Author},
|   title = {Title},
|   institution = {Institution},
|   note = {Notes},
|   number = {Report Number},
|   type = {Type},
|   month = {Date},
|   address = {Place Published},
|   abstract = {Abstract},
|   keywords = {Keywords},
|   DOI = {DOI},
|   url = {URL},
|   year = {Year},
|   type = {Reference Type}

The weird thing is that the place published is shown in the endnote preview, but does not appear in the created export file.

Solution:

It was actually a pretty stupid mistake, but the user has to choose the right output style under both:

edit->output styles     and when exporting the file

file -> export -> save as (+ choose output style)

I only chose it under “edit”.