EN X2, EN X3 , EN X4 and Word 2007 Pro Plus and Ubuntu 10.10. It works without CWYW !

J.Ryan wroted 2009:

"There are no plans to create a Linux version of EndNote. Our Web-based
bibliographic tool, WriteNote, works through a Web browser on all
platforms - including Linux.

We do hear requests for CWYW plug-ins for many different word processors
fairly often and we would love to be able to accommodate this - but this
is just not economically feasible. The MS Word CWYW plug-in is over 1
million lines of C++ code that would need to be heavily customized, and
tested for each application. We just do not have the staff bandwidth to
do this for all [or even some] of the other popular word processors."

Message Edited by Ryan on 11-23-2009 10:09 AM

EN X2 and Wine 1.3.13

At this time and with the new WINE 1.3.13, one can see that the version EN X3 and X4 are slight, slight shoddy programmed. Why?

I received an EN X2 upgrade as generous gift from Thomson Reuters for my ENX2 beta testing several years ago.

This version shows all the texts (Screenshot 32) with Ubuntu10.10. The same screenshot was obtained 2009 with

Ubuntu 8 and 9.

According to my previous messages, the text disappeared when the EN X3 e.g. X4 are installed.

Perhaps Ryan et al. can answer!

Word Office 2007 Pro Plus and EN X4

I desinstalled EN X4 and installed Word Office 2007 Pro Plus with Wine 1.3.13 and Ubuntu 10.10.

The installation was problemless. A very interesting feature appeared after the installation of EN X4. The extension EN

X4 icon appeared as add-in in Word 2007 but yielded a severe error (Screenshot 29 in German) and Word 2007 crashed  (translation of the screenshot : The CWYW add-in must be desactivated). After desactivation, Word started correctly.

Another interesting feature concerning the configuration of Wine 1.3.13:

If you select the riched20.dll and install it in Wine, your PowerPoint will run correctly but EN X4 and other versions cannot be started!!!

Please NO INSTALLATION  of this library!

Conclusion:

According to Ryan et al. something works  among the millions lines  C++  code  in the right way but without the permission of the programmers.

Thank you for replies or any comments

snapshot29.jpeg