end note trial version does not recognize word

hello,

i use word 2008 for mac and downloaded the endnote x 2 trial software. i tried to use it in a word file but the endnote toolbar does not appear in word. i do not use the english version of word, but the german one.  i tried with downloading the endnote x 2.0.1 update and followed the instructions but this did not do anything. i also tried the customize link in endnote a few times but this also did not work.

can someone give me advice?

thank you, christoph 

There are further instructions here:

http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq1.asp#macENX1WORD2008

Jason Rollins, the EndNote Team 

thank you, now it´s working.

chistoph 

Hi,

I also had the same problem, but the solutions proposed in the post (FAQS Mac) that worked for the person writing before didn’t work for me…

I am using Mac PowerBook with Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac, and installed EndNote X2.

In Word the option endnote doesn’t appear under the tools, nor in the View–> toolbar option.

I did the “Customizer” option in Endnote so the CWYW option would be “on”, but it already was active.

I also downloaded the 2.0.1 update, but when installing it it said that everything was already up to date.

I also tried to put the aliases manually in the Microsoft Office–>Office–>startup–>word directory but the aliases were already there.  Anyway I put the new ones I had created after doing the update, and didn’t work either.  

So it seems that endnote should be already available in Word, but it just doesn’t appear.

Any ideas??

Many thanks, 

Eva