Endnote won't work well on syncing between local and online libraries when there are some attachments

I’m using a 20 version on a mac os. This lasts for a year. When I sync between local and online, it frequently breaks saying internet error. To the end, I noticed the firewall and added the app into the welcoming all connection list, though other apps don’t necessarily need this operation. The issue became better but can’t exclude interruption when syncing occasionally.

Hi,

It seems you are experiencing sync issues with EndNote 20 on macOS. Here are some suggestions to help resolve the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Ensure you have a stable connection when syncing.
  2. Update EndNote: Make sure you are using the latest version of EndNote 20.
  3. Reset Sync: Back up your library, disable sync in Preferences, delete references and groups from EndNote Online, empty the trash, re-enable sync, and try syncing again.
  4. Check firewall settings: Double-check that EndNote is allowed in your firewall settings.

Always back up your EndNote library before making changes or troubleshooting.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

Thanks for your reply. My issue on syncing has been spotted. Seeing here, Sync not connecting -- router settings? - #5 by petercreate. It’s been solved so far. No drama since then. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Great to hear that your syncing issue has been resolved! Thanks for the update.

Thomas