Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re encountering when attempting to incorporate a new style within your EndNote installation. If you have downloaded the missing style from our website, I’d suggest these steps:
1. Locate the downloaded output style and double-click on the file itself.
2. Once the Edit Style window appears in EndNote, click “File>Save As…”.
3. Make sure to save the style file with the exact same name as it appears within your Word document.
4. After saving the output style, close the Edit Style window by clicking “File>Close Style”.
5. Still in EndNote, click “Edit>Output Styles>Open Style Manager…”.
6. Scroll through this list of alphabetized style files to confirm the newly-saved output style is present on this list.
Please let me know if you run into further difficulties after walking through the steps listed above.
Thank you for your suggestions. I have done the steps you mentioned before, and I tried it again, but the problem is not solved.
I should also highlight this. When I do step (5), the style manager list (that you mentioned in step 6) is empty. I would imagine there should be some default styles on it. So, perhaps my problem is more fundamental?
I just cannot seem to locate my ‘Styles’ Folder. Maybe that’s why the styles manager list is empty. Even when I do the steps you mentioned, it is not saved onto the styles manager.
Thank you for your reply and I hope you will continue to assist me to troubleshoot this.
I’ve created a new case for you within our Technical Support case management system for further troubleshooting. If you don’t see the direct email message related to this case, please reply to this forum post to let me know.
Endnote will create and name the folder if it isn’t preexisting in a writable location as default. If it was changed in preferences though, I am not sure you can link a non-existing folder.
Templates are different (and a word specific file type), while styles, filters and connections are endnote folders and file types. But you can file endnote files in a folder of any name, as long as it is specified in the folder location preferences and is not write protected.