EndNoteX1- problem with author names

Hey,

I have a problem regarding the citation of authors names.  I ve read all the instructions and think I followed them, but still its not working…

If I have more than 1 author name, for example Thompson, K.N. and another one called Phillips, L.J. EndNote always cites it like Thompson, K.N. & L.J. Phillips. So the first one right and the second one EndNote starts with the first name.  This problem holds when I am using online databases that i import as well as when I am creating a library reference myself. Has anyone an idea?

Cheers,

JD

Author order in  bibliographies are specified in the style you are using.  Edit your output style (which is under references, edit, output style: (default is the name of the selected style).  Go to the bibliography section, author name, and you want them to say first author: Smith, Jane and other authors: Doe, John (at least in EndnoteX- isn’t it nice that they represent both sexes and that the woman is on …a-hem… top? – there must have been some females on the development team!)

Hi Leanne, thanx, but this es exactly the output style I m using. Still it appears like this: Catalan, A., R. Segarra, et al. (2008)… Any other idea?

OK, I just solved it :smiley :smiley: … had to use APA format… sorry

Thanxs