I can't open endnote library of my thesis

when I open the my-thesis endnote library , the windows gives the following message :

Endnote X7.1 (Bld 7705) has stooped wprking

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly , windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

pls help me as the library is of my thesis

regards :cry:
Error opening library.jpg

Presumably you’re running the full version of Endnote and not the trial version.

1. Did you happen to move your Endnote library (.enl) file to a different location on your computer’s hard drive? If so, did you also relocate the accompanying .DATA folder to the same location?

2. Or did you transfer your Endnote library from one computer to another computer? If so, did you follow the instructions given in the knowledge base article “EndNote: Moving, backing up, or transferring libraries to another computer” at http://endnote.com/kb/82295

3. You can try recovering your library by following the instructions given in the knowledgebase article “EndNote: The proper process for recovering library files” at  http://endnote.com/kb/82291

4. You can also contact tech support:

Tel: +1-800-336-4474, press 4
Submit a technical support request to contact the Technical Support Team

Technical Support 9AM – 8PM Eastern, GMT – 5 Monday – Friday

Thank you so much , I found that the problem was in importing some Pdf files as attachements from untrusted sources , so by moving all contents in Pdf folder inside Mylibrary.data folder  then bring back one by one I could have separated the  those sub-floders caused the problem.:smiley:

I plan on importing lots of PDFs from PubMed, which I would’ve assumed was a trustworthy source.  I also make some of my PDFs (presentation handouts, notes, etc that I like) could these be marked as untrustworthy and cause this ridiculous error?  If so how can I turn this feature off?

I have never heard of such a thing.  I think it is far more likely a PDF is corrupted somehow.  Have you tried the tool recover corrupt library?  Before doing that, you might want to make a copy of the .enl file and the .DATA folder to a new location (not deep in the folder tree).  Are your PDF names very long?  – I would actually make the copy to a drive rather than the desktop or deep in mydocuments, for example.  then try the tool on the copy.  If you get it open, you might try copying all the records to a new library, which might leave corrupted files behind.  Or if that glitches.  copy 1/2 of them - if one of the 1/2s glitches, then 1/4 of the 1/2 that glitches, etc etc until you narrow down the offending record with the problematic PDF.