Is full text retrieval in X3 (from Elsevier's ScienceDirect) working for you?

I am in a research institute which has recently upgraded to X3.  With X2 we were able to download PDFs of journal articles for recent years from ScienceDirect.  Now with X3 we can’t retrieve any.  Is anyone else having this problem? You may not be aware of it if retrieval is working for other publishers eg. we are able to get PDFs from Wiley.

Hi!

This is a known problem. See here.

As the latest post states, EndNote is working on the problem with Elsevier. I met a representative for Science Direct last week, and I mentioned the problem for her too. I also asked them to include doi number in the citation export from ScienceDirect.

Best  wishes

Jan Ove

We are still working on this and plan to have an update for Find Full Text for Science Direct in May as I have previously mentioned. There is nothing the Science Direct folks need to help with on this. In general, as content databases update their page layouts and data formats, we will occasionally need to re-teach EndNote how to find PDFs on these pages. We make regular updates to this on an on-going basis.

If there are other sites for which EndNote Find Full text is not working as well as you would like, please send this information along to me and we will try to improve it.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Hi Jason,

I can see that is probably trick to solve the problem with full text retrieval from Sciecen Direct. But it would be really nice if you could do it before May as annoucned before.

The full text retrival is one of the best features of EndNote.

Best,

Valentin