After installing EndNote X2 about a month ago, I got it all set up and Word and EndNote were working well together (using Mac 10.5.8 software). However, I noticed in the past week that Word and EndNote weren’t communicating. Today, I have already spent several hours combing this site and hitting every resource I can think of, but no luck. So, here are the details (& things I’ve tried) - I certainly appreciate any feedback:
• EndNoteX2.0.1 with new CWYW folder in EndNote application folder (per TR website)
• Word 2008 updated to 12.2.1
• I have used ‘customize’ in EndNote several times to make sure the pathway was set correctly (even replaced the EndNote bundle in the Word start-up folder several times);
• I have gone into Words “Templates and Add-ins…” dialog and can manually activate the CWYW toolbar, but even loading the add-in file into Word does not make the toggle ‘stick’ after closing and reopening Word (i.e. when reopening Word, the EndNote toolbar is gone;
• Even if I can get the EndNote toolbar to appear using the Templates and Add-ins… dialog (only happens about 50% of the time), none of the commands work. e.g. if I click on “go to EndNote”, nothing happens (nor anything for any other command);
Any hints as to other things to do other than to punt and continue to resolve to never work with µsoft products again?