Manage and Edit Citations takeing a long time (Endnote X4 & Office 2010)

I used to run Office 2003 and Endnote X2. Scince updating to Office 2010 and Endnote X4 I am expierancing the following issue.

I have 1510 references in my library and everytime I delete a citation from word it takes approximately 1 minute to update the document. This never used to happen in office 2003 and Endnote X2.

Can anyone help please?

Have you tried unformatting the citations then reformattng them?  Also: 1) What version of Windows are you using; and 2) If X2 was on the computer did you uninstall first before installing X4?

I have a similar problem with a longer document than a shorter one with the same software setup. One work-around I have used is to insert or edit the citation, then when the processing box pops up, hit “cancel.” It doesn’t cancel the inert or edit–it cancels the page refresh. I then wait until I’m walking away from the computer or doing something else, then hit the buttom to reformat the citations. EndNote then shows all the changes I’ve made. 

Not a fix, but a work-around.

I unformatted and reformated and that has not solved the issue. Yes I have updated to X4.0.2.  Will contact Techsupport

I use Word Mac 2011 and endnote X4 and I had a similar problem. You can make it stop by hitting (on the endnote bar in Word) [Format Bibliography] go to the [Instant Formatting] tab and hit [Turn Off]. Then, endnote just put in the code for the citation and you can manually update the bibliography when you eant (e.g. by hitting [Format Bibliography] and [OK].