Need both bibliography and list of endnotes in numbered style

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems using the numbered style. I converted from Harvard style where I had footnotes, and need to integrate these footnotes with the endnotes in the numbered style. Currently I am pasting the text from the footnotes into the Insert note field. Is this the quickest way to do it?

Also, and this is my main question, I need to have both a numbered list of endnotes as well as an alphabetical bibliography at the end. How do I do this? I have been trying to edit the style numbered, but to no avail. I am only getting the numbered list of footnotes.

At the moment, the numbers in the text (which I changed from [2] to superscript) are also messy. Instead of appearing as a short reference as number 2 and 5, the numbers in the text go from 2, 3, 4, 5, then 2. How do I get this repeated reference to become a separate point on the list?

I will be very grateful for any help!

Thanks,

Heidi

This thread has a macro to convert from Harvard to Chicago style, which might help you. 

I think the Chicago 15th A style is already set up to do the footnotes and the bibliography list.   Once you have something working closer to what you need, attach the style file and the remaining problems and one of us can have a look at it. 

@heidikja wrote:

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems using the numbered style. I converted from Harvard style where I had footnotes, and need to integrate these footnotes with the endnotes in the numbered style. Currently I am pasting the text from the footnotes into the Insert note field. Is this the quickest way to do it?

Also, and this is my main question, I need to have both a numbered list of endnotes as well as an alphabetical bibliography at the end. How do I do this? I have been trying to edit the style numbered, but to no avail. I am only getting the numbered list of footnotes.

At the moment, the numbers in the text (which I changed from [2] to superscript) are also messy. Instead of appearing as a short reference as number 2 and 5, the numbers in the text go from 2, 3, 4, 5, then 2. How do I get this repeated reference to become a separate point on the list?

Thanks,

Heidi

Thanks! The macro helped me convert the document. Now it is in Chicago 15th A, and a new problem has presented itself.

My footnotes (word type footnotes) appear as footnotes. I tried changing them to notes in endnote so they would be numbered together with the endnotes, but that resulted in the notes appearing in the bibliography instead. This means that the superscript number 1 in the text is used several places to refer to different things:

- endote number 1

- note number 1 (but in the bibliography it appears without number, so there is no way of telling what the link is)

How can I work around this?

Heidi

@leanne wrote:

This thread has a macro to convert from Harvard to Chicago style, which might help you. 

I think the Chicago 15th A style is already set up to do the footnotes and the bibliography list.   Once you have something working closer to what you need, attach the style file and the remaining problems and one of us can have a look at it. 

@heidikja wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Heidi

Now you are beyond my level of knowledge, cause I never use these footnote intensive styles!  sorry.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Maybe you know the answer if I put the question differently? I think if it were possible to change the location of the notes inserted through <Insert citation<Insert note from the bibliography to appearing in the list of endnotes, then that would solve my problem. Anyway of doing such a thing?