Not recognizing CWYW

I recently upgraded from a Version 8 Endnote to the Verision XI for the CWYW capabilities.  I have Microsoft Word 2003 on my PC which I thought was compatible with the CWYW function…but I cannot seem to locate the Endnote sub-menu in Word, either in the tools menu or elsewhere.  Also, when I open the library I would like to cite from, the CWYW functions are all grayed out.  Am I missing a key step?  Do I need to tell Word to recognize the Endnote program?

You can try the following:

1. Click the “Help menu” and select “About Microsoft Office Word.”

2. Click “Disabled Items.”

3. Highlight any EndNote item(s) and click “Enable.”

4. Click Close and OK. 

If the problem continues try going to “Help > Detect and Repair” in Word

If the problem continues, please try the following to resolve the issue:

Run the Configure EndNote Utility from the EndNote Start Menu or the EndNote X1 Program Files folder. Once you run the utility, make sure “Remove EndNote components for me” is selected and click Next. Click Finish.

Close all programs and turn off any background software, such as virus protection software.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Locate EndNote > click Click here for Support Information > Click Repair.

Now run the Configure EndNote Utility again. This time make sure “Configure EndNote components for me” is selected and click Next. Select the “Unified Cite While you Write for the Microsoft Word” option and click Next. Click Finish when you are done.

Now try opening Word and see if you have the EndNote toolbar.