{page\*mergeformat} anyone know what this is...

What is it and why is it messing up my inserted citation?

I’m working on a doctoral research proposal and out of nowhere my paper was reformatted.  All of the citations now look like something from a merge in word and in the footer it is showing what I placed in the subject above.  I opened an earlier version and now it has the same issue…when i saved and closed it earlier today it was fine.  it looks like all the info is there but was reformatted.  the reference page itself says

{ADDIN EN.REFLIST}

and there are NO references there

help…

I think that elsewhere you have said that the Alt+F9 didn’t work for you (which you need to be doing in “word” view, not Endnote).  Another way to stop showing the field information is to go into the word settings.  Tools > Optins > (view tab) upper-right, make sure shtat the “field codes” box is not ticked.  (Word 2003 and earlier).  I am not sure where the setting is in word 2007, but check in help for field codes. 

thanks…I ended up reading about 700 pages of the manual and figured out what i needed to do.  I have 2007 Word and needed word options and to click (off) show code.