The problem is I have a particular reference that keeps putting in information that is not in the database. What appears in my reference list is:
- Tong KB, Furia J. Economic burden of plantar fasciitis treatment in the United States. Quorum Consulting, San Francisco, California 94104, USA kuotong@quorumconsultingcom. 2010;39(5):227-31. Epub 2010/06/23.
The bit in bold highlight seems to be the author’s address, which is being inserted instead of the name of the Journal (which should read Am J Orthop). At first I thought it was a problem with Word – a travelling library or a cache of some sort. However, if I put it into a brand new document I get the same. Indeed, I have just noticed that the same (wrong) information is appearing under the Preview tab in Endnote itself.
The history of this is that I used to have an entry for this journal article which did include the author’s address but I have deleted that entry (and checked there were no duplicates). The new entry does not contain the author’s address at all, so I don’t understand where Endnote keeps getting it from. I have thousands of other items in my library and none of them do this.
I am using Endnote X5.0.0 (Bld 5774) and Word 2016 in Windows 10 on a PC.
I look forward to some wise words.