Reference Manager 11 and Word 2007

Recently I installed Office 2007 (including Word 2007) on my computer. This had the drawback of not being able to use the cit while you wright function of Reference Manager. I did all the steps suggested by the support website of reference manager, and thus manually copying the CWYW files to the startup folder of microsoft word. Yet, this didn’t help. I was able to get the toolbar at the lint with the add-in button.

But the CWYW function does not work. Neither works it via Tools of reference manager.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much!

Sofie De Rouck 

1 Like

Hello,

If you are able to see the tools for Reference Manager in Word but they do nothing when you click on them, you may have a conflicting add-in installed.  We have a FAQ explaining which add-ins are known to conflict with Reference Manager, and how to remove them.  The FAQ can found at: http://www.refman.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq3.asp

Hi,

I got the same trouble as reported, but in my case I am unable to see the tools for Reference Manager in Word2007. I’ve followed all the instructions and moved those to files to the Word STartUp folder but it din’t work either. I don’t know what to do.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know how to fix this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Paco

I just searched in this forum to find a solution for this problem when I rather accidentally solved it by myself…

If you want to make sure Reference Manager is opening when you click any of the Reference Manager icons in the Word 2007 add-ins tab so that the ‘Can’t find specified database error’ doesn’t come up, do NOT open Reference Manager by double clicking the icon, nut by right-click and ‘Run as Administrator’. After I did that, whenever I started Word and clicked an icon in Reference Manager, reference manager started and it worked fine.

Hope that helps,

Marc

Thanks, Peter, that did the trick.  In my case, it was a Contribute add-in that was conflicting with RM10 in Word 2007.  However, there is an easier solution to removing the conflicting add-in than the file deletion recommended in CWYW FAQ3.  Under Word Options, and Add-Ins, find the Manage section at the bottom, select COM Add-Ins from the menu, then click “Go.”  You’ll see a list of available add-ins.  In my case, Contribute was checked.  I unchecked it, and clicked “OK”.  Contribute was immediately taken off the Add-In list on the main menu bar, and the RM tools started responding as they were expected to respond.  At least, that’s how it worked for me. 

Tom