Wrong Numbered

Hi people!

I have a problem and I don’t how to fix it. My numbers are not consecutive. It starts in 9. I guess it happens when I have figures with references, because I started all over again and things were going write until my first figure with reference. What can I do to fix that?

Word treats items in text boxes first.  – I used to get around this by converting the text box to a frame in older versions of word.  that is harder to do in new versions…see this knowledgebase article:  http://endnote.com/kb/82359

I just put hidden text citations in the body of the paper, so they get numbered appropriately and plain text the references in the text boxes.  – a pain.  Blame Microsoft.    Another trick I have heard is to try and put the figures in a single column table instead of in a text box.  – I haven’t tried that yet.  

Thank you for your help, mas it didn’t work. I converted in word 97-2003 and I couldn’t select my text box. :confused:

I did’nt understand what you mean “I just put hidden text citations in the body of the paper, so they get numbered appropriately and plain text the references in the text boxes.  – a pain”

Well I will try the columns. But I think that I will put the references in the text when I say :"In fig. x [ref] and in the figure i don’t pu anything. :confused:

Well I think I found the solution. What I did was: I insert a text box and then I put the image I want inside of text box. Then clicked in right button, format text box and in text box, convert to moldure, and voilá! I did it! I’m doing the same for all my images and the references keep starting on 1.

Thank you very much!

Sorry I missed your reply.  – The trick to which I was refering,can be achieved by inserting a citation near the reference to the figure in the text, and then select the whole formated citation and right click -format font, and select “hidden”.  – this will be included in the numbered citations, but won’t appear.  – the problem with that is that you can’t see it (unless you display hiden text) and you have to manually put the right number in the figure legend itself.  – The solution you used, is the best way!

Thank you for your help anyway.

My way it very easy and it didn’t give me much work even from start again :smiley:

Thank you.