X5 citation text spaces problems

Help !

I tried to solve this problem but every time it comes again. As I insert the citation program for default generate these spaces inside text:

˜`Trifluoracético (TFA) para análises em espectrometira de massas (LARSEN et al., 2006

). Na área biomédica tem aplicabilidade na confecção de implantes dentários (ALBREKTSSON, 1985;  BRANEMARK, 1983), telas, placas e parafusos maxilofaciais em próteses ortopédicas (SOLAR; POLLACK; KOROSTO, 1979

;  WITT; SWANN, 1991

) e próteses cardiovasculares (CHOUDHARY; HABERSTROH; WEBSTER, 2007).˜˜ 

What could I do to solve this?

Everton da Rosa

Can you attach the output style? It seems odd that the space is “random”, as it occurs in the first and third citation set and not the 2nd and 4th?  If you unformat, what do the unformated curley bracketed versions look like in the document.  Are those that it happens to, the second time the ref is cited in the document?  Just trying to find the thing that tracks with the space?   

everton wrote:

I tried to solve this problem but every time it comes again. As I insert the citation program for default generate these spaces inside text:

˜`Trifluoracético (TFA) para análises em espectrometira de massas (LARSEN et al., 2006

). Na área biomédica tem aplicabilidade na confecção de implantes dentários (ALBREKTSSON, 1985;  BRANEMARK, 1983), telas, placas e parafusos maxilofaciais em próteses ortopédicas (SOLAR; POLLACK; KOROSTO, 1979

;  WITT; SWANN, 1991

) e próteses cardiovasculares (CHOUDHARY; HABERSTROH; WEBSTER, 2007).˜˜ 

What could I do to solve this?

Everton da Rosa

Hi Leanne!

*Yes as you told, not all citations have wrong spaces. When I use unformated bracketed version it does not correct the spaces. 

˜˜Trifluoracético (TFA) para análises em espectrometria de massas {Larsen, 2006

#794}.Na área biomédica tem aplicabilidade na confecção de implantes dentários {Branemark, 1983 #714;Albrektsson, 1985 #692;Albrektsson, 1985 #692}, telas, placas e parafusos maxilofaciais em próteses ortopédicas{Solar,  1979

#838;Witt, 1991

#870}e próteses cardiovasculares {Choudhary, 2007 #729;Choudhary, 2007 #729}. ˜˜

When I update citations look what happens :

Trifluoracético (TFA) para análises em espectrometria de massas {Larsen, 2006

#794}.Na área biomédica tem aplicabilidade na confecção de implantes dentários (ALBREKTSSON, 1985;  BRANEMARK, 1983), telas, placas e parafusos maxilofaciais em próteses ortopédicas{Solar,  1979

#838;Witt, 1991

#870}e próteses cardiovasculares (CHOUDHARY; HABERSTROH; WEBSTER, 2007).

-People from  Endnote representative at São Paulo told me to do this: output style-edit citation template -save .

but it does not function as well.

*No problems at the second time ref is cited.

it is time consuming and boring. There would have a way where we could correct directly on text citation?

Thanks for your help!

Everton

If you attach your style I can look at it and correct the error, if I can find it.  and then save as to a new name and use the newly named style in the manuscript.  If you try to change the formatted refs, the error will just recur when they get updated.  You need to fix the source of the problem not the resulting error. 

Hi Leanne!

The output style is : ABNT_autor_data.ens

ABNT is Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas 

You can download the Style  ABNT at Pic Informática.

To access use:

Login: download

Senha(password): picinfo

Tutorial de instalação: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCqrTY5j6c&feature=player_embedded

www.picinfo.com.br

Thanks!

Everton

Strange spaces and/or line breaks in citations or bibliography may sometimes be caused by spaces and/or line breaks in the reference itself in your library. If the style is OK, you should check that there are no spaces (or linebreaks) after author name, title etc. Unwanted spaces are often difficult to see, you need to click after the text in the field to see if there is an unwanted space.

Best wishes

Jan Ove

Jan 

Thanks a lot . I am very happy to solve this problem, I`ve been trying a lot of solutions and a simple observation solve the question.Everton

Distinguishing between an error in the style and errors in the records themselves, is most easily resolved by reformatting the manuscript with APA or Cell and see if the problem pursuits (which would suggest it is the library records, rather than the style itself.  have you tried that.  I did look at the style downloaded as you suggested) and don’t see a problem with 1st or 2nd references.  I entered a space after the year, and it affected both the first time cited and the subsequent citations.  But maybe I haven’t tried the right combinations of author numbers to trigger it.