X7.0.1 bld 7212 wont upgrade to x7.1

Hi,

Im trying to upgrade Endnote X7.0.1 bld 7212 to x7.1 and then to x7.2 on a windows 8.1 machine. I have tried both using the update feature in endnote itself and manually downloading the update file ENX71Update.msp, but both yield the same error messge:

“The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a diferent version of the program. verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch”.

Endnote x7.0 runs just fine as it is, but i would like to upgrade it.

Thanks for any help.

Hello Harald,

Since you are unable to update EndNote I would suggest that you uninstall EndNote and then try to reinstall the full X7.2 version from the website.

You can access the full download on our website:

endnote.com/kb/82126

You will need your Product Key in order to install.

If you cannot locate your Product Key.

You can access your Serial Number from the Help About screen on a PC and on a MAC from the EndNote Menu and then About.

Once you have the Serial Number you can contact our Customer Service team for the Product Key.

By Phone +1-800-336-4474, press 3 or via the web at http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/custserv/

Let us know if you have any questions or if this does not resolve the issue.