inserting original publication date....how do i?

@andreia wrote:

… I’m using APA 6th output style and although I’ve filled the original publication date field it doesn’t show on the bibliography or in the citation I’m using (where it should appear e.g. Vygotsky 1917/2004)…

You’ll need to: 1) modify both citation templates so the “Original Publication” field displays the original year-/-publication year; and 2) modify the bibliography templates so the following phrase and original publication year (per APA) appears at the end of the reference: (Original work published 1917)   Refer to attached image for sample results and the modified APA 6th output style file is attached for your reference.

1. The format for modifying the “Citation” and “Citation – Author (Year)” templates are as follows. (Note that the red dot indicates inserting the Link Adjacent syntax command.)

(Author, |Original Publication/|Year|,•p.^pp.•Cited Pages|)

Author•(|Original Publication/|Year|,•p.^pp.•Cited Pages|)

1. The format for modifying the bibliography templates (applicable segment is emphasized in larger font)  is shown below for the Book reference:

Author. (Year). Title| (|Translator,•Trans.|•Editor•Ed.^Eds.| Edition ed.|•Vol.•Volume|)|.•Place Published|:•Publisher|. |(•Original•work•published•Original Publication)|

APA 6th_Andreia.ens (68 KB)

APA 6th_Andreia.ens (68 KB)